Venice Tips, Personal Experience and your Guide to Venice Italy
Home > Venice Italy Shopping >
Besides the history of this amazing city, there are fantastic Venice Italy shopping areas. So, what are the secrets of doing your shopping in Venice? Read about the shops and the souvenirs you have to bring back home...
I will suggest some places. And yes,, you will find many gift shops. However it's also a paradise for shoppers interested in fashion. Perfect for a City trip! I show you the best shopping areas, where to find supermarkets and the Rialto Market.
Next to all the kitch and touristic goods there are also quality products and souvenirs available in Venice. One of everybody's favourite is the Rialto Market. And if you search into unknown alleys you can find the best stores with local food and products. Far away from the tourists you might find shops with special souvenirs.
These are my favorite shops in Venice Italy:
1. Name: Mondo Novo: Venice's most original paper mache masks. A monstrous
bear's head Might hang alongside a gloating Tutankhamun, but their specialty are the Venetian Carnival Costumes. Address: Rio
Terra Canal, Dorsoduro 3063. Their webshop is www.MaskedArt.com
2. Name: Jesurum: A shop with triumphant exquisite lace and embroidery. Founded in 1870. The firm acted as a first trade school for poor girls. Address: Piazza S Marco 60-1, Marco S.
3. Name: Venice Pavilion Bookshop: Excellent selection of multilingual literature and miscellany focusing on Venice. Also reserves as a tourist information point and box office for cultural events. It is also used during the Venice Biennale. Address: Palazzetto Selva, Giardinetti Reali, S. Marco 2.
4. Name: Coin Department Store: It's impossible to walk past the stylishly dressed windows of Coin without being impressed.
Centrally located this branch of Italy's Largest Chain department has an elegant clothing range and sleekly designed homeware.
Address: Salizzada S Giovanni Gristomo, Cannaregio 5785.
However, more interesting are the traditional local products, lace, hand-printed fabrics, old glass beads, handmade marbled paper and other kind of Venetian crafts.
Of course those who are looking for a classic gift, you should buy a carnival mask or a vase or bowl of Murano glass. The world famous glass works of Murano!
In other shopping streets you will find quality clothes at a bargain. Go to the streets of:
And since Venice Italy shopping is also reflected in the culinary souvenirs, these must not be forgotten. Cheese, ham, wine, vinegar and olive oil.
1. Glassware: Impress your friends at home with a Murano chandelier.
2. Gourmet Food: For something authentically Italian, try virgin olive oil flavored with chili peppers or pasta in the shape of gondolas and masks.
3. T-shirts: The essential guaranteed souvenir of Venice, sold at the street stalls.
4. Masks: A mind-boggling array of masks, traditionally made for Carnival in paper-maché ceramic and leather.
5. Marbled Paper: Swirls of pastel hues can be used for covering books or simple as elegant wrapping paper for gifts.
6. Beads: All manner of beads, from frosted glass, ceramic or the traditional cmurrhine mosaic can be found.
7. Italian Wine: Take advantage of lower prices and taxes by stocking up on locally produced wines.
8. Fabric: Lace is the most Venetian of materials, but attractive linens and velvets are also good value.
9. Silverwork: Photo frames, letter openers and teaspoons make lovely gifts for friends.
10. Clothes: All the top fashion names can be found in Venice Italy.
During your Venice Italy shopping you won’t miss any favorite Luxury brand shop. A lot to choose from. Probably they have exactly the clothes or souvenir you were looking for. The boutiques in the arcades are a temptation to every tourist. Go to the arcades of:
Normally, the shops are open around 9 am and closing between 12:30 and 15:30. Because of a siesta. Then they open again until 8 pm. Many shops are closed Monday morning.
It is wonderfull to go shopping in Venice Italy!
I have a shopping tip! When you stay outside Venice in a hotel, holiday house or a campsite the city Treviso is also a nice shopping experience!
Cheap Parking in Venice Italy
Be smart and get a cheap parking place when you are visiting Venice Italy ! Here is an overview and mostly they have a shuttle services to Venice... Check it out!
You have read about Venice Shopping. There are enough shops to explore, as you can see. Please click on the links to explore my site more.
Use my search box !
Oct 04, 17 04:34 PM
Check out here why taking the train to Venice Italy is the best from Mestre, from Munich, Verona to Venice or from Paris to Venice. Cheap train tickets!
Sep 16, 17 02:36 PM
All you have to do is rent a Quality Venice Apartment. Italian lifestyle that you've always fantasized. Navigate through Venice without getting lost. Time to snuggle, just because it's great!
Sep 09, 17 08:05 AM
Get your information about Venice Italy here and check this Review Apartment Venice, write your own review about an apartment in Venice and tell other visitors your tips and tops!